This A.O.G Church (one of the oldest in the U.K.) Was pioneered by Miss Goldie Hugh who commenced the work in Penryn in September 1935. This fellowship was born out of a crusade held in May in Falmouth led by Fred Squires, an Evangelist who founded the Full Gospel Testimony. Under the ministry of both Fred Squires and Miss Hugh, the area saw an amazing move of God.
Originally the meetings were held in the Temperance Hall Penryn before moving to its own building in St. Thomas Street. Pastor Derek and Mrs. Maxine Williams succeeded Miss Hugh on 12th September 1959 and the Church relocated to New Street on 15th May 1976. Pastor David and Mrs. Jean Gray took up the baton in May 1987.
David’s vision of a Church on a main road led to the purchase of this former Elim Church building here in Dracaena Avenue; the first service took place on the 21st January 2001. The building has undergone various stages of development since that time and we seek to continue to build a Church which is relevant for both the people who attend regularly and for the wider community.